Write. Doodle. Draw. Repeat.
Online Class. Limit: 14 students.
Tuesday, July 28th, 4:00-6:30pm MDT
Instructor: Lisa DeYoung
Please Note: Register by Wednesday, July 22nd to receive your class kit via USPS Priority Mail in time for the class. The class kit is an added bonus to the class, but is not necessary for class participation and may be used after the class is over to continue your journaling practice. You will also receive a PDF handout to download containing the information needed for the class. As an alternative option, Boulder locals may choose "curbside pick-up" when registering after July 22nd to receive the kit in time at our Pearl Street store location.
Learn to cultivate a fun journaling practice one bite-sized chunk at a time in this hands-on virtual workshop. Your creative guide Lisa DeYoung (aka the Mountain Mermaid) happily describes herself as a journal junkie and lives by the guiding principle “Create, Play, Explore” –– which influences everything she does. She'll share inspiration, tools and techniques for building a creative journaling practice that fits into a busy life.
Included with this workshop:
- An introductory video from Lisa where she’ll share her path along her creative journey – its beginnings dating back to 2009, as well as fun examples of her recent work to get you excited for your journey. (Emailed 1 week before the class.)
- A high resolution, printable PDF with templates, examples and ideas for your creative journey (Emailed 1 week before the class.)
- Live Zoom session where you’ll receive ideas, prompts, visual inspiration, meet like minded souls — and most importantly have time to go on what Lisa likes to call a ‘musings adventure’ – time to write, doodle, draw, and repeat. It’s the first step toward cultivating your personal creative journaling practice.
- Six ‘6’ Write. Doodle. Draw- Repeat Musings Squares printed out on Canson mixed-media paper, mailed via USPS to arrive in advance of the live workshop day if registering by July 22nd.
- Two Hands Paperie mini collage paper scrap pack mailed via USPS to arrive in advance of the live workshop day if registering by July 22nd.
Optional- Musings Adventure Journal
Along with the class you might want to purchase a copy of Lisa's popular Musings Adventure Journal. This spiral bound journal gives you just the right space to continue your 'Musings Adventure'. Enjoy a relatively ‘blank canvas’ with Lisa's unique page layout-
- Hand-drawn boxes set-up in week spreads
- 56 weeks in all
- No dates so you can jump in and out any time
- Enough space to add color, sketches, notes, ideas, etc
- Inspiration to get your musings adventure started in the form of a doodled week spread
Have the following materials at hand before the class starts:
- Favorite pencil and eraser
- Fine-tipped colored markers. Lisa favorites are Staedtler Triplus Fineliners
- Glue stick
- Optional: colored pencils
- Optional: small watercolor set and brush
- Optional: black permanent markers in several widths
- Optional: favorite small images and decorative paper for collage
- Optional: favorite small scissors for fine cutting
Cancellations made up to 14 days prior to the class will be refunded (THP retains a $10 processing fee + $10 fee if basic class kit has been shipped). After 14 days, there is no refund or credit. In addition, the fee for a class cancelled within this 14-day timeframe by a participant cannot be transferred to pay for another class. These policies are to ensure that teachers are compensated for their investment in materials and in time spent preparing for the class. We reserve the right to cancel a class if fewer than 4 students enroll 48 hours prior to the scheduled class time. If for any reason Two Hands Paperie cancels a class, students will be contacted and refunded the FULL class fee.
Lisa DeYoung, aka the mountain mermaid, is a journal junkie, mixed-media book artist, and creative adventure guide living in the Rocky Mountains. She's an independent spirit whose motto in life is "Create, Play, Explore". When she's not out exploring the trails she can often be seen pedaling around town with her colorful bag of journaling supplies. Embracing her creative life is an ongoing adventure – a journey that she loves and trusts more each year – and she strives to inspire others to do the same. To that end, she's created the www.mountainmermaidstudios.com It provides an inviting space for someone to establish a simple, daily creative practice. The secret, she says, is to make journaling bite-sized so that it fits into the busy-ness of daily life! View more of Lisa's musings at