Field Notes United States of Letterpress 3-Pack
FREEDOM OF THE PRESSES- The Field Notes 48th Quarterly Limited Edition for the Fall of 2020 is the “United States of Letterpress,” which features the work of nine independent letterpress shops from across America. This series demonstrates a wide array of craftsmanship, ingenuity, and love for the age-old and tactile process of letterpress printing.
Set A includes one cover designed by Full-Circle Press of Nevada City, California, one of two by Genghis Kern of Denver, Colorado, and one of two by Mama’s Sauce of Orlando, Florida.
Set B includes one of two cover designs by Springtide Press of Tacoma of Washington, one of two by Brad Vetter of Louisville, Kentucky, and one of two by Ben Blount of Evanston, Illinois.
Set C includes one of two cover designs by Rick Griffith of Denver, Colorado, one of two by Erin Beckloff of Springboro, Ohio, and one cover by Starshaped Press of Chicago, Illinois.
Some Specifics, straight from the Field Notes people:
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of Lake County Press, Waukegan, Ill.
- 02. Cover: Printed on 1 of 6 French Pop-Tone 100#C stocks with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of “Linotype Slug Gray” soy-based Superior ink. It was then sent to 1 of 6 Letterpress printers around the U.S.A. and smashed with a 2-color application of “Process Blue” and “Rubine Red” letterpress inks.
- 03. Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 60#T “Bright White,” with a fine, 1-color application of “Double Knee Duck Canvas Light Brown” soy-based Toyo ink.
- 04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40" 6-color printing press, as well as various vintage presses (see flyleaf for more details).
- 05. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher with cover feeder/scorer & Rima RS 10S in-line stacker.
- 06. Corners precisely rounded to a 3/8" (9.5mm) radius with a Challenge DCM double round-corner machine.
- 07. Memo book dimensions are 3-1/2" × 5-1/2" (89mm × 140mm).
- 08. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 09. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 10. Pack A UPC: 858493003936, Pack B UPC: 858493003943, Pack C UPC: 858493003950
SKU Set A